Works on: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)
Languages: Audio and text: English
Features: single-player - multi-player
Released: December 9, 1997
Company: id Software / Bethesda Softworks LLC
Installer version: v2.0.0.3
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/quake_ii_quad_damage

About
When you buy this game, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls Chapter II: Daggerfall will be added to your GOG.com account for free!

It's the final culmination... bound and bagged exclusively for you. A quadrisection of explosive gaming that's a true embodiment of the game that annihilates the rest. Quad Damage compiles original Quake II, The Reckoning, Ground Zero, and Extremities all into one solid mass. Perfect for power killing, this lethal gathering levels you with mind-bending AI, merciless monsters, and an arsenal of weaponry. consider this your four-warning.

QUAKE II

Much more than just a sequel, this second coming has a mind (and an engine) of its own. Fifty-five larger mission-based levels, including 64-player DeathMatch and Capture the Flag levels. Futuristic weapons like the revered Railgun and BFG put every foe in its place, as do hordes of other comebacks including the grenade launch, chaingun and the Hyper Blaster from hell. And with enemies like the decapitating Iron Maiden and humanoid Tank, you're going to need all the help (and health) you can get.

MISSION PACK: THE RECKONING

developed by Xatrix Entertainment Inc.

A sum total of horror equal to no other. Shadow-looming Gekks and Strogg-rousing Repair bots await you as you ransack the industrial landscapes of 18 relentless levels. Your only recourse is to use your inner strength and outer hardward: the richoting Ion Ripper, magnesium-shooting Phalanx Particle Cannon and your very own recycling bim, the Trap. Settling the score was never more gratifying.

MISSION PACK: GROUND ZERO

developed by Rogue Entertainment

It's a massacre in the making. A stranglehold of 14 Single-Player levels and 10 Deathmatch levels designed to challenge even the most well-grounded gamer. Complete with a slew of weapons, including the ETF Rifle and Plasma Beam, plus DeathMatch-specific power-ups like the Vengeance Sphere and the Anti-Matter Bomb. And Lest we forget your worst enemies: the Stalker, Daedalus and the femme fatale herself, the Black Widow.

NETPACK I: EXTREMITIES

compiled by id Software

Deflowered from the Quake community and brought directly to you comes ID's top picks of the best of the best MODs around. It's the ultimate anthology made by the fans for the fans, including everything from Team DeathMatch games with new power-ups, objectives, and skins, to new styles and scoring system for DeathMatch play.

Minimum system requirements - Windows: XP/Vista/7/8/10
Processor: 1.8 GHz Processor
Memory: 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
Hard Drive: 2GB HDD
Mouse, Keyboard

Tags:
sammuggleton
T-Meg

Quake II: Quad Damage GOG

Post by sammuggleton »

To mass install dlc, check Bonaqua's "alldlc" batch: viewtopic.php?p=90721#p90721
As of Sep 24 2022 rar files contain 3% recovery record.
Par2 files on request for older and non-rar files.
Mirrors please.
Tom a Jerry
T-Meg

Post by Tom a Jerry »

main post updated, added fresh cloud.mail link
Deleted User 6280

Post by Deleted User 6280 »

Does anyone know how to get the music working in Windows 10? It's no fun without, mostly just " computer updated" in robotic voice every 15s or so.
And this is probably the most famous game with CD music, was also my first with it, I remember playing it in CD player.

I can see ogg files in Quake II\baseq2\music.
Here they say it's a Win 10 problem:
https://www.gog.com/forum/quake_series/quake_2_no_music

I also have an old PIII computer with Voodoo 3 and I fixed CD music yesterday. I somehow quickly remembered I need an audio CD cable. And I took 2 of them out when I bought this computer second hand, and I had a few of them already, so it was no problem finding them.
vastyr
T-Meg

Post by vastyr »

GrimReaper, people say using "yamagi" or "kmquake 2" will help.
One of the other solutions was to copy the music folder to baseq2 folder, but it seems you have it like that already.
So maybe to make it work you need to use one of the above mentioned.
► bypass gdrive download quota
► The Ninja-King
mwnn
Moto-Terminator

Post by mwnn »

Using that updated client is likely the best way to get it running.
Plus you get other enhancements like widescreen.
Make sure the music tracks look like this:
https://www.gog.com/forum/quake_series/ ... orts/page1
https://github.com/yquake2/yquake2/blob ... llation.md

Just compiled this on my Arch Linux box so it definitely works. Never really bothered with Quake 2 before.
I'll have to try out Vulkan Quake 2 as well.
ds2015
Moto-Terminator

Post by ds2015 »

How to make Quake 2 super-playable on modern PCs (tested on Windows 7 x64).
Aimed mostly at new players who may not know how to properly play this classic on modern PC.

GOG release (v2.0.0.3) is not perfect, unfortunately.
It is kind of bare bones, as it does not support widescreen resolutions. And default OpenGL runs kinda like shit (at least on my rig). Software renderer corrupts colors and 3DFX one doesn't work "as is" (probably needs a proper wrapper).
So all of this combined does not make GOG Q2 experience smooth, especially for the newcomers.
But, GOG version is a very good choice as a base for more advanced enhancements, because it has its own launcher and so you can have several modifications at the same time. A bit messy, but it just works.

PART I - VANILLA EXPERIENCE IN WIDESCREEN & WITH MUSIC
► HOW TO:
So, if you want to play the game as it was meant to be, but with the proper support of widescreen resolutions and some additional minor enhancements (like OGG music tracks, for example), the best & simplest thing to use is the Unofficial patch 3.24 by Knightmare (the same guy who made unofficial patch for Return to Castle Wolfenstein - and it is a musthave).

Here is a description and a direct link to this patch (this particular version is the same as official, but comes with the pre-installed in-game music, which is convenient - just install this patch and play with music from the get-go). Yeah, GOG comes with music too, but it doesn't seem to matter (they are probably the same rips anyway).
► Where to get it:
Original Info: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =208440395
Direct link to patch: https://github.com/stohgee/Steam-Game-P ... 0Music.exe

Also, here is an official site, if you prefer:
- INFO: http://www.markshan.com/knightmare/
- patch itself (but NO music included - just use the one that comes with GOG version): http://kmq2.toastednet.org/downloads/qu ... -win32.zip
► HOW TO INSTALL:
You download the patch and run it - and choose your Quake 2 installation directory (e.g. D:\Games\Quake 2).
Very important! - After patch installation is complete, you DO NOT run the game from the shortcut on your desktop or from program files - these are from GOG and not from Unofficial Patch 3.24.
Instead, you go DIRECTLY to you Quake 2 installation directory and run quake2.exe (obviously, it is best to create a shortcut for it).
(Just in case, check out the readme that comes with the patch: Patch 3.24 readme.txt)
► How to setup:
When in-game, there are some options you should check before playing.
I recommend increasing brightness a bit, as by default it is too dark.
Obviously, set your preferred resolution (it defaults to 720p with this patch) and anisotropic filtering.
Basically that's it! You now have proper Quake 2 with widescreen support and music.

PART II - AWESOME HD GRAPHICS & EFFECTS (ALSO WITH MUSIC)
► HOW TO:
Now, if you want really super fancy graphics with advanced dynamic lighting & shadows, parallax effects and god knows how many more advanced features, look no further than Quake 2 Berserker.
It looks, for the most part, just gorgeous.

But, it is more of a mod than just an engine upgrade, so with all the cool graphics comes some questionable stuff (it mostly can be disabled, though) like:
- New weapon models (supposed to be HD remaster but failed at that - look just weird and very-very small)
- New retextures of some enemies - not for everyone's taste
- Disgusting HUD
- Invisible enemies
- Stupid cubic robots instead of the swarms of black flies that used to gorge themselves on the corpses of fallen enemies
- Sound: though more natural, was kinda unbalanced - too silent, in my case at least. AND requires OpenAL installed: https://www.openal.org/downloads/.

Luckily, almost everything is optional, so you can change it to be not so immersion breaking.
Unluckily, mod author went out of his way, it seems, to enable every freaking option of his mod on (to showcase features, I guess).
So it will take patience to search and destroy every atrocity that this mod forces on you and leave only proper Quake 2 enhancements on.
But, I could do it, so can you!
► How to implement music:
Just copy your Music directory from Quake 2 to Quake 2\BaseQ2
► How to setup (strongly recommended to follow):

Almost forgot: to RUN the whole thing, you should use Berserker.exe (or something like that).

And here is where to look for settings & my subjective recommendations. When in game, in main menu:

>GAME>OPTIONS:
- FlyCBE - those cubic things that destroy corpses (instead of good old flies) - DISABLE
- Predators - invisible enemies - DISABLE
- Monster respawn - chance for enemies to reappear - DISABLE

>MULTIPLAYER>PLAYER SETUP:
- Change name to more appropriate one
- Model - use arrow keys Left-Right - I recommend simple Male or Female model

>OPTIONS:
- Custom controls 1 - change to your preferred scheme
- Always run - I recommend ON

>VIDEO:
- Frame Sync - better turn it ON (otherwise, movement may become very glitchy - at least it did for me)

>VIDEO>ON SCREEN INFO:
- 3D hud - DISABLED
- Big hud - NO
- Clock - OFF
- Map shots - NO

>VIDEO>MORE OPTIONS...
- Bloom - I recommend Middle or Easy

Well, that is it, mostly.
Everything else is more or less fine by default, it seems.

To disable new "HD" quite bad weapon models, go to your Quake 2\baseq2 directory and rename/delete this file: z_TuricModels_AlphaVersion2.pk2
(E.g. D:\Games\Quake 2\baseq2)
This will return original proper weapon models.

IN CONCLUSION:
  • If you are a first time player AND prefer your old-school authenticity over fancy new graphics, go for Unofficial patch 3.24
  • If you don't mind some liberties with some design elements of Quake 2 (or have played the original Quake series, when they were out in 90s, to death), check out the Berserker mod (if by a miracle, you haven't heard of it before) - for freaking awesome modernized graphics (that come with some bullshit immersion-breaking default settings, that require immediate change).
  • Of course, there are several other mods, like the ones mentioned in the comments above.

Have fun!
DRONIC90
Moto-Terminator

Post by DRONIC90 »

Я слишком ленив, чтобы написать на английском. Уж сорри ми, звиняйте.

UPD:Так со многими играми 2008 годов. GOG собирали из чего и как попало. И как правило с обновлениями установщиков чаще всего файлы кардинально уже не менялись. А вот subj - не обновлялся вообще.
GOG собрали игру неправильно. Надо было патч ставить в конце, а они закончили сборку аддонами. Долгое время оф.решение - юзать неоф. патчи-моды. Хотя уже давненько на сайте поддержки вместо этого совета лежат 2 dll файла для аддонов.
Впрочем, всех проблем это не решит. Оригинал Quake 2 работает только через лаунчер и то не без проблем. Steam-версия собрана правильно, но не имеет Netpack и музыки даже для оригинала.
Напоминаю ссылку на 2 dll от GOG:
http://files.gog.com/support/roguepatch.zip
http://files.gog.com/support/xatrixpatch.zip
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articl ... uad-Damage
 i Message from: GrimReaper
Translate:

I'm too lazy to write in English. Sorry, excuse me.

UPD: So with many games of 2008. GOG collected from what and how horrible. And as a rule, with updates to installers, the files most often have not changed dramatically. But subj - not updated at all.
GOG assembled the game wrong. It was necessary to put the patch in the end, and they finished the assembly with addons. For a long time, the solution is to use a neophyte. patches mods. Although already quite a while on the support site instead of this board there are 2 dll files for addons.
However, this will not solve all the problems. The original Quake 2 only works through the launcher and then not without problems. The Steam version is compiled correctly, but does not have Netpack and even the original music.
I recall a link to 2 dll from GOG:
Deleted User 6280

Post by Deleted User 6280 »

@ds2015:
Some notes, that Github link from PART I:
-Music is 192 kbps, GOG has 320 kbps, but music folder should be moved to baseq2. Or if you want even better quality, first link in mwnn's post has 500 kbps and fixed that click right at the start of first track (track02). To save you work: -It is not the latest version, the one on offical KMQuake II site has this added in Changes: Added support for 44 and 48 KHz sound.

Quake II RTX also got music support last week in update 1.1.0. But I don't think I will bother with GTX 1070, have to wait for RTX 2060 Super to get decent framerate.

Still don't know what those 2 dll's in previous post are good for. I only know they're not for main game, but for addons.
spooner417
Moto-Terminator

Post by spooner417 »

GrimReaper wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 18:03 click right at the start of first track (track02)
Yeah, i remember this annoying click on my copy back then. I was mad and didn't realize it wasn't only my CD :ahaha:
GrimReaper wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 18:03 Still don't know what those 2 dll's in previous post are good for. I only know they're not for main game, but for addons.
I don't think it's needed for any source port except original launcher.
DRONIC90
Moto-Terminator

Post by DRONIC90 »

GrimReaper wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 18:03 will bother with GTX 1070
RTX port can be started with -opengl (or -ogl?) command promt in game Settings in Steam. Still looks better than many sourceports (berzerker...) (original main menu in sourceport! yay!)
DRONIC90
Moto-Terminator

Post by DRONIC90 »

More correct solution for GOG been broken - official patch:
http://www.quaddicted.com/files/idgames ... ll-ctf.exe
Nighted
Спонсор
Спонсор

Post by Nighted »

Quake II RTX 1.7.0 (67306) GOG
My RARs will now be using default forum PW. If you get a file that doesn't open use this: Nighted_|^.9kWU_Fn6p*_...t(-.-t)

Torrminatorr IRC: irc.zeronode.net/torrminatorr -or- KiwiIRC
sinprime
Релизер
Релизер

Post by sinprime »

Re-Upload
Does anyone have Quake II: Original v3.20 (gog-3) ??
SilentMRG
Hydrobot

Post by SilentMRG »

"If dreams were horses, beggars would ride."
NetDevil
Релизер
Релизер

Post by NetDevil »

Quake II Quad Damage v 2.0.0.3