Deadlock 2: Shrine Wars

Genre: Strategy - Turn-based - Sci-fi
Works on: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
Languages: Audio and text: Deutsch, English
Features: single-player - multi-player
Released: February 28, 1998
Size: 503 MB
Company: Cyberlore Studios / Retroism
Installer versions: v1.20_hotfix_(40447)
Included goodies: manual + quick start guide
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/deadlock_2_shrine_wars

About: Ancient and mysterious Shrines have revealed the location of an extinct alien home world.
Discovered in the aftermath of the Gallius IV war, these Shrines unlock the most powerful technology
in the Universe. Now, seven interstellar empires race across the galaxy to conquer this one planet
and gain the secret power of the ancient civilization.

Deadlock II: Shrine Wars is an exciting game of strategy, resource management and military conquest.
Each race has its own strenghts and weaknesses - learn to exploit them to your advantage. Build, trade,
research, attack, as you search for the ancient knowledge that will grant you ultimate control over the
entire Universe.

● Colonize many different worlds across the galaxy as you race to find the ancients’ home world.
● Trade on the Black Market with the Skirineen race to get illegal supplies of valuable resources.
● Command more than 40 Sea, Air and Land combat units as you seek to dominate your enemies.
● Establish alliances with other races to share technology, resources, and even victory conditions.
● Play 42 scenarios or use the mission editor to create your own scenarios and campaigns.
► System requirements
Minimum
1.8 GHz Processor,
512MB RAM (1 GB recommended),
3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended),
2GB HDD,
Mouse, Keyboard.
► ChangeLog
Internal Update (4 June 2018)
[WIN] updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files
► bypass gdrive download quota
► The Ninja-King

Tags:
vastyr
T-Meg

Deadlock 2: Shrine Wars GOG

Post by vastyr »

Update!
  • added updated installer, 1.20_(20795).
    + ChangeLog.
► The Ninja-King
vastyr
T-Meg

Post by vastyr »

Update!
  • added missing DEU version.
► The Ninja-King
Everard
Moto-Terminator

Post by Everard »

Piepmatz
Hunter Killer

Post by Piepmatz »

GOG finally fixed the broken installer for setup_deadlock_ii_shrine_wars_1.20_hotfix_(german)_(40447).exe and setup_battlestar_galactica_deadlock_modern_ships_pack_1.5.113_(43479).exe (which I don't own, just sayin' ;)):
"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck!"
janeknits
Спонсор
Спонсор

Post by janeknits »

This is from the GOG update thread about the german version 1.20_hotfix.
username-a: The german offline installer for Deadlock II crashes throwing the message that the files are corrupt. And although the installer is called 1.20 the german game in it still is v1.11.
username-b: Is it still corrupt ?
username a: Yes. I have downloaded the setup files again and the installation still stops with the same error message.<
So they may not have actually fixed it for everyone. :(
Piepmatz
Hunter Killer

Post by Piepmatz »

janeknits wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 03:03 This is from the GOG update thread about the german version 1.20_hotfix.
username-a: The german offline installer for Deadlock II crashes throwing the message that the files are corrupt. And although the installer is called 1.20 the german game in it still is v1.11.
username-b: Is it still corrupt ?
username a: Yes. I have downloaded the setup files again and the installation still stops with the same error message.<
So they may not have actually fixed it for everyone.
What's the point? I don't know why you post this old comments from GOG forum now. The installer was broken and they fixed it on 25.02. The german installer works now! :dntknw:
"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck!"
janeknits
Спонсор
Спонсор

Post by janeknits »

Piepmatz wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 09:37 What's the point? I don't know why you post this old comments from GOG forum now. The installer was broken and they fixed it on 25.02. The german installer works now!
I'm not trying to waste your time. I thought this was from after the new fix was released and some people were still having problems with it. In the GOGdb the name of the file and release date did not change. This person was still reporting problems on Feb 18. 2021. I did not know the 25th was a different file.