Shadowgate Special Edition GOG
Genre: Adventure - Point-and-click - Fantasy
Works on: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)
Languages: Audio and text: English. Text only: Deutsch, español, français, italiano
Released: August 21, 2014
Size: 0.9 GB
Company: Zojoi / Reverb Triple XP
Installer version: 188.8.131.52
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/shadowgate_special_edition
Included goodies: 6 Shadowgate Classic Wallpapers + Digital Map: The World of Shadowgate +
8 Grim Reaper Series Wallpapers + Shadowgate Classic Hint Comic + 8 Shadowgate Series Wallpapers +
13 Original NES Ringtones + Epic Orchestral Soundtrack (MP3) + NES Metal Mix +
Digital Book: The Art of Shadowgate + 2015 Shadowgate World Calendar
About The Special Edition Pack includes Shadowgate and The Special Edition Upgrade DLC
Shadowgate is one of the most well-known and beloved point-and-click adventure titles in gaming
history. As one of the original titles in the popular MacVenture series that went on to be celebrated
on the NES, GBC, and Nintendo 64, Shadowgate quickly endeared players with its fantastic atmospheric
soundtrack, perilous locations to progress through, countless puzzles to solve, and more ways to
gruesomely die than gamers previously thought possible. Thrust into the role of "The Seed of Prophecy,"
players travel deep into the living castle, in hopes of defeating the evil that dwells within – the
dreaded Warlock Lord.
Now, nearly 30 years after the original version haunted Mac and NES gamers, the original development
team behind that timeless classic is back with a full re-imagining of the original Shadowgate. Much
more than a port, the team at Zojoi has painstakingly redesigned the game from the ground up, adding
in tons of new mind-bending puzzles, lots of new rooms with stunning hand-painted 2D graphical detail,
and more objects to interact with and help you along your quest.
Decide how YOU want to play this new, re-imagined Shadowgate! Want the modern adventure experience?
Use the wheel-based icon command system. Want the retro experience? Employ the Classic command
system and turn on the retro graphics, soundtrack, text box, and room transitions. Want a more cinematic
experience? Switch to Immersive mode by auto-hiding the UI and using customizable hotkeys to explore
the castle. Or mix and match the options to satisfy your play style. In Shadowgate, there are plenty
of new features and fun throwbacks to the original version to satisfy veteran adventurers and newcomers
● Customized UI: Play the way you want! Use modern wheel-based icon commands, classic on-s
creen commands, or jump into Immersive mode to auto-hide the UI elements. Create key binds,
lock commands and keys, and more.
● The Dread Pumpkin Quest: A new mini-quest, find and free the Dread Pumpkin!
● First Person Adventuring: Utilize your inventory, mapping system, and intuitive UI to
complete your quest.
● Rooms of Fine Danger: Tons of beautifully illustrated rooms featuring both new and
familiar locations, offering a new gameplay experience.
● Mind-bending Puzzles: Lots of new and updated puzzles that seamlessly expand on the
● Difficulty Levels: Four different difficulty levels (from the novice to expert) that
actually change the gameplay experience and puzzle structure. For the ultimate challenge,
try Ironman mode that disables saves and requires players to finish the game in one try.
● Retro Mode: Play the game like it’s 1989! Toggle on pixelated graphics, listen to Hiroyuki
Masuno’s original NES chip tunes, move between rooms with NES transitions, and enjoy the
text in retro format.
● Storytelling: Shadowgate features dramatic cut-scenes and all the same great storytelling
you expect from the original creators.
● Cinematic Score: A digitally-orchestrated, dynamic soundtrack that changes with gameplay
by composer Rich Douglas.
● Soundscapes: A complete atmospheric and puzzle-based sound design featuring hundreds of
● Achievements: 60 in-game achievements to find and unlock.
● Animations: Environmental and object-specific animations and particles bring each location
● Help: Need a hint? An in-game help system is just a click away.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.