ADMIN
Администратор
Администратор

Mafia GOG

Post by ADMIN »

Mafia

Genre: Action - Adventure - Open World
Works on: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)
Languages: Audio and text: český, Deutsch, English, español, français, italiano, русский. Text only: polski
Released: August 27, 2002
Size: 2.5 GB
Company: Illusion Softworks / 2K Games
Rating: PEGI Rating: 18+ (with Violence)
Installer version: v1.3_(16073)
Included goodies: manual+ map
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/mafia

About:
A hail of bullets from a tommy gun or a shotgun in the face over linguine at lunch. You choose a life with the Salieri family, the cops and feds will be the least of your problems. The city of Lost Heaven has been torn in two by a turf war, with rival families, the Salieris and the Morellos, battling for supremacy and control. Join the Mob - you've got no choice.
Mafia combines amazing graphics and engrossing cinematics with a compelling storyline, bringing the 1930's underworld to life. The game allows you to follow the rise and fall of competing crime families, complete with action packed missions, a vast living city, and vehicles and weapons that capture the essence of the 1930's Mafioso world.

* Over 20 action-packed missions with subquests.
* Gun down enemies with classic mob weapons.
* Drive over 60 vintage vehicles.
* Become a Made Man!
 i Message from: ADMIN
NOTE: This rerelease of Mafia has an edited soundtrack and does not include any licensed music.
To run the music download and extract from archive those two files to your installed Mafia folder and rename or delete the sounds folder in game directory.
Support the software developers. If you like this game, BUY IT!
vastyr
T-Meg

Mafia GOG

Post by vastyr »

I was :bububu: :pirate: :good: ...I start the game and something is not quite right.

What happened to the music!? Then I read over at gog that...

NOTE: Mafia does not contain any licensed music - only the game's original soundtrack. :facepalm: :( :shock:
► bypass gdrive download quota
► The Ninja-King
ADMIN
Администратор
Администратор

Mafia GOG

Post by ADMIN »

well, I'll try to check the files from old cd release. maybe it's possible to add the soundtracks back in game.
vastyr
T-Meg

Mafia GOG

Post by vastyr »

ADMIN wrote: well, I'll try to check the files from old cd release. maybe it's possible to add the soundtracks back in game.
I was going to do that right now. I have been :ninja: 'd :sarcastic:
► bypass gdrive download quota
► The Ninja-King
mwnn
Moto-Terminator

Mafia GOG

Post by mwnn »

The music files have been re-added to the GOG release.

Seems to work.

GOG have extracted the game's music from AB.DTA and blanked out the city_music_xx.ogg tracks.

They've probably used mafia-data-xtractor-v11
http://www.moddb.com/games/mafia/downlo ... ractor-v11

Using my original disks - I've done the same - uploaded the complete music folder to Mega here:
https://mega.nz/#!qoAHxK4C!ro8bWwT7CtmA ... QKY2IoTuVg

Self-extracting 7zip archive. Point it at your main install folder i.e: C:\GOG GAMES\MAFIA

Also posted in this topic:
https://www.gog.com/forum/mafia/tutoria ... usic/page1
langzottel
Moto-Terminator

Mafia GOG

Post by langzottel »

Thanks! Already done this by myself. One question... are the files "a0.dta" and "ab.dta" from the original release also needed in the gamefolder?
mwnn
Moto-Terminator

Mafia GOG

Post by mwnn »

The readme for the Mafia Data Extractor claims those files are needed:
http://textuploader.com/d479l

DTA list:
http://www.kamalook.de/Mafia/DTA.html

But it does claim that could be changed.
NOTE: Although the extracted data files will be written to disk and are read from there
by the game, it is NOT possible to delete the *.dta files as Mafia checks for their
presence. One could path this, though.
GOG have converted all the sound and music to Vorbis tracks and I assume they've patched out the old requirement for having those files present.

Music was playing in Freeplay mode when I tested it.
langzottel
Moto-Terminator

Mafia GOG

Post by langzottel »

Makes sense... there's no need to keep the sound & music files twice.
screwie
Moto-Terminator

Mafia GOG

Post by screwie »

Another GOG mess. As mwnn mentioned in a previous post, GOG used the mafia-data-xtractor-v11 to extract the sound and music files. The files included in their release are the original files, none of them where converted. The .dta files are compressed files using a special algorithm. Also that extractor modify the rw_data.dll to force the game to look for the extacted files first, and if not found, then look inside the .dta files.

The only thing GOG really did is: blank all music files and sound files that contained music. Following is the list off all the files that were blanked:
- sounds: 03_music.wav, 10_music.wav, 10_musicin.wav, 12_radio.wav, 13b_music.wav, 14_Coucou.wav, 18_radio.wav, s_music1.wav, s_music2.wav, s_music3.wav, s_music5.wav
- MUSIC: 12_scene music.ogg, all the city_music_**.ogg (from 01 t0 15), Lake of Fire.ogg, mise02-ulicka.ogg

If someone has the original a0.dta and the ab.dta, he is better to copy those two files inside the GOG Mafia game folder. You MUST also rename or delete the sounds folder, or the game will still read the blanked files and ignore the proper ones inside the .dta files. This will save space and guarantee the integrity of all the sound and music files, as the game was created with those and they work 100%.

For the one that want to replace the files that were corrupted by GOG, I've uploaded them in separate files: 1 for the sound files (21 MB) and 1 for the music files (69 MB), some of you may already have the music files needed. If someone want them, I can upload the original .dta files also. Let me know. Links: Just extract them in the main game folder and overwrite when prompted.
ADMIN
Администратор
Администратор

Mafia GOG

Post by ADMIN »

screwie wrote: If someone has the original a0.dta and the ab.dta, he is better to copy those two files inside the GOG Mafia game folder. You MUST also rename or delete the sounds folder, or the game will still read the blanked files and ignore the proper ones inside the .dta files. This will save space and guarantee the integrity of all the sound and music files, as the game was created with those and they work 100%.
this is the easiest way and I did the same way too.
Here are the original a0.dta and the ab.dta files
Tom a Jerry
T-Meg

Mafia GOG

Post by Tom a Jerry »

Hello. I can please all language packs?
ADMIN
Администратор
Администратор

Mafia GOG

Post by ADMIN »

updated. added all languages installers
gen13_dv8
Moto-Terminator

Mafia GOG

Post by gen13_dv8 »

Hello. I can please reupload spanish language pack?
 i Message from: ADMIN
uploading in progress
Hydrobot

Mafia GOG

Post by 777 »

mirror links (installer only)

Filename: setup_mafia_1.3_(16073).exe
Size: 1,47 MB ( 1 546 904 B )
MD5: 21AF6414CA0B923D76C2B610165A6143

Filename: setup_mafia_1.3_(16073)-1.bin
Size: 2,47 GB ( 2 657 385 474 B )
MD5: DB24F6AF44B06654659FBA4D363F9D21
pass: torrminatorr
ziyemi
Moto-Terminator

Mafia GOG

Post by ziyemi »

ADMIN, In one of these files (I do not remember in which) speech is encoded. Therefore, if you took these files from the English version, then naturally, it makes sense to use them only in the English version of the game from GOG.com
ADMIN
Администратор
Администратор

Mafia GOG

Post by ADMIN »

ziyemi, yes you are right, it's for english only. - I've added those files before GOG added all languages to catalog.
Deleted User 6280

Mafia GOG

Post by Deleted User 6280 »

I decided to play original Mafia before the Definitive Edition. On second day I installed Mafia Community Modpack v2.1.
This one has 5 difficulties for the race. I managed to beat it in third try on Normal. My question is, what was the default difficulty in original, I presume Normal? As I remember I didn't have much problems with it in beginning of 2003.
Also it makes checkpoints during the race, but I don't see any option to load those checkpoints.

Modpack fixes flickering shadows. But some issues still persist. There's still visible borders during black loading screens.
And I have screen tearing, I tried setting display from 75 to 60 Hz, but it's still there. Game is limited to 63 FPS, I don't see a way to set it to 60 FPS which I presume would fix the issue. In setup.exe I have Vsync enabled, Force vSync in dgVoodoo CP also doesn't help.

I stumbled upon this, it recaps the shooting mechanics really good (scroll to the end):

Code: Select all

http://superadventuresingaming.blogspot.com/2014/08/mafia-pc.html
lovaX84alt
Спонсор
Спонсор

Mafia GOG

Post by lovaX84alt »

GrimReaper wrote: 12 Sep 2020, 21:09 This one has 5 difficulties for the race. I managed to beat it in third try on Normal. My question is, what was the default difficulty in original, I presume Normal? As I remember I didn't have much problems with it in beginning of 2003.
As far as I know without any updates the race was hard to beat.... later they released a patch (developers) do make the race easier. I remember that if you play without patches (not sure if patches disable it) you actually have a checkpoint but its "invisible" and only if you finished the race 60-70% or so (dont remember).

For FPS cap (no tearing) and to avoid some potential "physics", "animation" bugs and such, have you tried anything from the following site (there are many solutions)?

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Gloss ... rate_(FPS)

I personally used Riva Tuner and MSI Afterburner to lock my frame rate for playing some games like: The Italian Job (game is way too fast, from main menu to minutes in game) and GTA IV for example because you need to have lower FPS in the last mission (while you try to enter Jacobs Helicoper). It helped me....
Deleted User 6280

Mafia GOG

Post by Deleted User 6280 »

I have it at 60 FPS now, there's still tearing, but less I think. I watched this video and there's tearing in both original and DE:

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2zxafYuCoo
I finished the game yesterday anyway, it wasn't hard at all on second playthrough. It also crashed on desktop 7 times, but last 3 days when I disabled everything under setup.exe - expert settings, only once.

EDIT:
50 FPS solves the problem almost completely, way better than 60 FPS or uncapped. I also found out about scanline sync, but this is too time consuming for me, I didn't find anything that works from -1 to -700.
nizcoz
Moto-Terminator

Mafia GOG

Post by nizcoz »

Hi! Good morning to all! Somebody can upload the spanish version to google drive? The andrew_verba link is multilenguage? (Spanish subtitles). Thanks a lot!