Polaris Sector - Gold Edition
Genre: Strategy - Simulation - Sci-fi
Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10)
Languages: Text only: English, español, русский
Released: March 22, 2016
Size: 4.2 GB
Company: SoftWarWare / Slitherine Ltd.
Installer version: 1.06e_(19144)
Included goodies: manual
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/polaris_sector
About: Polaris Sector Gold Edition contains the main game along with Lumens DLC!
The ancients who named this sector ‘Polaris’ sure had a unique sense of humor. Polaris - the bright star,
the star of hope and faith. Well the Polaris sector has precious little of either; just a wilderness of gas,
stars, and supernovas soaked in treachery, oppression, and the lust for power.
Can anyone build an empire in a place like this? Other factions are naturally suspicious of newcomers and
may wage war at the first sign of unidentified craft. Here, a natural death is an uncommon luxury. You
look weak? Pirates and scavengers will plunder your planets. You show military strength to discourage
potential enemies? Your rivals will combine their forces to eliminate the threat.
Total domination requires many diverse stratagems. Shaking the hand of a powerful emperor, designing
new warships in secret, investing everything in fundamental sciences to gain technology before your
competitors - all may be the road to success. But will you have the time to implement your strategy? Will
you be visionary enough to build weapons and technologies that will make the difference in battles
fought decades from now? Find the right balance between fundamental and applied sciences to stay
ahead of the opposition. Find the right balance between classic designs and crazy prototypes and your
ships will be feared across the galaxy. Your engineers and scientists provide you a high level of flexibility,
but it’s your decisions that will shape the empire’s fate.
Many a mercenary or adventurer has come here seeking wealth and power, and all their stories are now
just whispers in the void. Polaris is a black hole for living species, and empires rise and fall in the blink of
an eye. Maybe the leader that will bring stability to this zone hasn’t been born yet, if they will ever exist…
● An epic and dangerous playground: randomly generate a galaxy able to host up to 900 stars.
Full customization: external threats, pirates, number of races… you can set up the world that fits your
● Full control over ship design: want to make a corvette into a drone carrier? Go ahead. Want to make a
freighter into a scout? No problem. Your creativity is the only limit!
● Explore: send scout vessels to find new mines to exploit, new planets to colonize, and to establish
contact with other empires.
● Innovative research system: technologies and equipment will get unlocked depending on your
investments in fundamental and applied research.
● Diplomacy: Dialogue with other factions to gain their favor, trade goods, and make military agreements
to fight common enemies.
● Command your troops: when a battle starts you can join the battlefield and maneuver your ships in a
tactical mode. Alternatively use the auto-resolve mode when you have more urgent tasks to attend to in
● Unique espionage system: seed false intelligence to enemy spies and lure them into a trap!
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.