Close Combat 3: The Russian Front
Genre: Strategy - Real-time - Historical
Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10)
Languages: Audio and text: English.
Features: Single-Player - Multi-Player
Released: January 1, 1999
Size: 230 MB
Company: Atomic Games, Inc. / Slitherine Ltd.
Installer version: 3.0b (18109)
Included goodies: manual + Close Combat (Windows 7 / 8 only)
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/close_combat_3 ... sian_front
Lead your men through the largest, bloodiest battle of the century.Close Combat 3: The Russian Front includes a free copy of Close Combat (Windows 7 / 8 only,
added as a bonus goodie)
Command a fire brigade of soldiers on the Russian Front in this real-time strategy game set in World War II
featuring unequaled detail, realism and scope. Player as either the Soviets or Germans as you orchestrate
your squads' attack, defense, and survival over four grueling years of the grandest and bloodiest war the
world has ever seen. To succeed, you must guide your man through the moral dangers of war while
physically an psychologically defeating your enemies. Your soldiers are counting on you. Don't let them
Command the same men throughout the entire four-year campaign - from the initial German invasion of
Operation Barbarossa to the pivotal Russian victories at Moscow, Stalingrad, Kursk, and Berlin. Or rewrite
a chapter of the history by rallying your German troops to take Red Square.
Over 300 specialized squads - 100 weapons, 60 soldier types, and 60 distinct vehicles and antitank guns.
Including 120 mm mortars, flame-throwers, rocket launchers, half-tracks and off-map heavy artillery
Manage your squads by resting, refilling, and upgrading them between battles. Follow each soldier as he
progresses from green rookies to seasoned veterans and advance in rank to command more units.
Create your own "what if" scenarios with Close Combat III's enhanced Scenario Editor. Craft single or
multi-map battles and set deployment zones, objective locations, requisition points, and available units.
● Modeling realistic soldier psychological profiles during combat
● Experiencing the effects of strength, ability, and morale
● Rallying around new commander units on the battlefield
● Returning fire when fired upon and zeroing in on targets
● Adapting strategies to counter your playing style
● True line-of-sight and line-of-fire gameplay with elevation effects for terrain and buildings
● Direct and indirect fire with limited ammunition
● Ability to protect your men in buildings, pillboxes, and trenches
● Vehicle facings that affect armor protection
● Continuity from battle to battle, including destroyed terrain and burnt wrecks
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.