Genre: Shooter - FPP - Horror
Works on: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)
Languages: Audio and text: Deutsch, English
Features: single-player - multi-player
Released: June 12, 2002
Company: id Software / Bethesda Softworks LLC
Installer Version: v2.0.0.2
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/return_to_castle_wolfenstein

About When you buy this game, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls Chapter II: Daggerfall will be added to your GOG.com account for free!

World War II rages and nations fall. SS head Himmler has Hitler's full backing to twist science and the occult into an army capable of annihilating the Allies once and for all. Battling alone, you're on an intense mission to pierce the black heart of the Third Reich and stop Himmler -- or die trying. Fighting in advanced team-based multiplayer mode, you'll wage your own WWII in an all-out Axis vs. Allies contest for frontline domination.
Powered by the Quake III Arena engine, the Wolfenstein universe explodes with the kind of epic environments, A.I., firepower and cinematic effects that only a game created by true masters can deliver. The dark reich's closing in. The time to act is now. Evil prevails when good men do nothing.

● Use a combination of stealth tactics and powerful weaponry to take down the Third Reich and its mutant creations
● Beware of enemies with incredible A.I. - They'll track you, launch co-ordinated attacks, and stand tall in the face of danger
● In Multiplayer, co-ordinate with teammates to overcome obstacles and maintain necessary levels of health and ammunition
● Choose from the three modes of play: Objective (accomplish a mission in the allotted time), Stopwatch (accomplish a mission faster than another team), and Checkpoint (battle teams for control of checkpoint flags)

Minimum system requirements - Windows: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8/ 10
Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium III, Celeron, or AMD Athlon
Memory: 256 MB
Graphics: 32MB Direct3D Compatible video card with 32-bit color support and DirectX 8.1
DirectX®: 8.1
Hard Drive: 1GB free hard disk space
Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
Mouse, Keyboard

Tags:
Tom a Jerry
T-Meg

Return to Castle Wolfenstein GOG

Post by Tom a Jerry »

link to cloud.mail added
ds2015
Moto-Terminator

Post by ds2015 »

To anyone interested.

I absolutely love RTCW and the only thing that was not satisfying, for me personally, was its music.
I want to offer a mod, created by me, that adds a LOT of atmosphere to the main single player campaign of RTCW.

It is called Synthetic Wolf.

It was created for personal use a year ago and since than was thoroughly played through again and again.
UPDATE 2021.01.15: It is now reworked, renamed, polished & cleaned and tested again.

Trust me on this one: it is not the kind of mod that breaks the immersion.
Instead, it adds even more personality to an already awesome and unique game.

The kind of music it introduces (not composed by me, of course, though I've slightly edited some tracks) is sorta synthetic with elements of retro 80s style and what not. It is kind of hard to describe because it is very diverse and unique (and I am not a music styles expert). Most of the music consists of tracks by Ogre, plus several more music artists.
All included music is very consistent in overall style and works together perfectly.

► Detailed info:
COMPATIBILITY:
- Intended for ORIGINAL single player campaign only
- Some music tracks were edited to more perfectly fit the in-game scenes/events
- Was NEVER tested with IORTCW project
- Should work with ANY unmodded game version/edition (1000% tested with unmodded GOG version + KM Knightmare HD patch)
- KM knightmare Unofficial HD Patch 1.42d - fully compatible and very recommended (It makes Wolf great again - with proper Widescreen resolutions (original GOG does NOT have it)).
(A direct link http://kmq2.toastednet.org/downloads/rt ... 32-bin.zip
Just extract everything to your RTCW installation directory (e.g. D:\Games\Return to Castle Wolfenstein)
Run the game as usual - no need to create new shortcuts or smth like that.)

WHAT MUSIC MOD DOES:
- Replaces most of the ingame music with new tracks.
- Expands the number of music tracks used.
- Makes it so that all game levels have unique music now.
- Main Menu is slightly color-altered (If you prefer original, just delete sp_pak6.pk3).

The purpose of this mod is to enrich the atmosphere and immersion of RTCW and give it some diversity and uniqueness, since in my opinion, original music is mostly somewhat generic.
This mod (hopefully) gives good, fresh "feel" of the game.

Music tracks were carefully selected to be appropriate for game levels they are used in.
The original tracks that remain in-game unchanged are the ones that really fit in and should remain to be so, as in: "do not fix what is not broken".
► HOW TO INSTALL:

I. TO MAKE IT START BY DEFAULT (RECOMMENDED)

1. Just Copy all .pk3 files (pak1.pk3, sp_pak5.pk3, sp_pak6.pk3) to your game's MAIN folder (e.g. D:\Games\Return to Castle Wolfenstein\Main)
2. That's it. You should now see and hear the changes when you start your game.

II. IF YOU WANT TO START MOD FROM THE IN-GAME MENU (NOT RECOMMENDED - MAY GLITCH A BIT)

1. Just copy the whole folder AMM into your game's MAIN folder (NOT in MODS forlder, if you have it), for example:
- before it looked like this: D:\Games\Return to Castle Wolfenstein\Main
- now should be this: D:\Games\Return to Castle Wolfenstein\Main\AMM

- example of wrong setup: D:\Games\Return to Castle Wolfenstein\Main\Mods\AMM
- example of wrong setup: D:\Games\Return to Castle Wolfenstein\Main\AMM\AMM

2. When in game, choose OPTIONS>MODS and launch AMM from the list. Mod will activate. That's it.

Personally, I love the results.
Maybe you will like it too?

UPDATE 2021.01.15: Mod was reworked and properly renamed. Old link is replaced with new one. So, if anyone has the old 2018 version of this mod, guys I encourage you to replace it with the new one - it is more polished.
njbucknut
Mini-Hunter

Post by njbucknut »

ds2015:

That sounds really great, never got around to playing RTCW when it came out. I'm actually playing Wolfenstein 3D right now, so I guess this is next. And I've started to appreciate the music in games a lot more.

Can't wait to try it out. Thanks!
DRONIC90
Moto-Terminator

Post by DRONIC90 »

Deutsch version without censorship... But i guess it doe to unavaialabe of this game in germany in 2015.
(voice over still censored refered to some changing plot, still bad voiced, have wrong translation for some dialogues)