Genre: Shooter - FPP - Sci-fi
Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10)
Languages: Audio and text: English
Released: Q3 2018
Size: preview campaign 40 MB
Company: Voidpoint / 3D Realms
Installer version: (preview campaign) update_2_(20072)
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/ion_maiden
About: Ion Maiden's preview campaign is is also available for download to all owners of "Bombshell Digital
Deluxe Edition" or "Bombshell Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade". You can download it from the bonus
goodies section in your GOG library.
The game will fully launch in Q3 2018 in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Russian.
3D Realms and Voidpoint are proud to bring back the Build engine, which powered Duke Nukem 3D,
Blood, and Shadow Warrior, in all of its hand-crafted pixelated glory. They’ve spent a lot of time tinkering
under the hood to take advantage of new technology and techniques. Bigger levels, hundreds of new
colors, and morphing maps that transform mid-level are all just a few of the advancements made to the
Welcome to ION MAIDEN!
Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison earned her nickname as a bomb disposal expert for the Global Defense
Force. When transhumanist cult mastermind Dr. Jadus Heskel unleashes a cybernetic army on Neo DC,
Shelly decides it’s time to start chucking bombs rather than diffusing them.
Her journey will leave trails of blood and gore in huge, multi-path levels filled with those famous colorful
keycards and plenty of secrets and Easter Eggs to discover behind every corner. There’s also no
regenerating health here, so stop taking cover and start running and gunning. Honestly, Ion Maiden
should probably come out on three hundred floppy disks.
Shelly’s quest to take down Dr. Heskel’s army will see her use an arsenal of weapons, all with alternate
fire modes or different ammo types. Her signature revolver, Loverboy, brings enemies pain and players
pleasure with single shots, or Shelly can fan the hammer Old West style. Shotguns are fun, but tossing
grenades down their barrels and firing explosive rounds is even better. Bowling Bombs are just as violent
and over-the-top as one would hope.
Ion Maiden laughs at the idea of constant checkpoints and straight paths through shooting galleries. But
just because this is a true old-school first-person shooter doesn’t mean there won’t be all the good new
stuff the last two decades have brought. Headshots? Hell yeah. More physics and interactivity? You
betcha. Widescreen, controller support, and Auto Saves? 3D Realms and Voidpoint took the best of both
worlds and cooked it all into a bloody stew.
● The true successor to classic shooters such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior and Blood.
● Built using the original "Build" engine, with additional enhancements to further improve the technology.
● Beautiful hand-crafted artwork, built using original old-school tools and methodologies.
● 7 exciting Zones, each spanning multiple maps.
● Tons of enemies, weapons and carnage!
● Best of both worlds! ION MAIDEN brings back the classic '90s FPS action you love, with modern additions
such as physics and checkpoints.
● Classic level design, no procedural generation! Expect multiple paths, cool effects, and complex set pieces!
● True tracked module music!
● Incredible weapons with alternate firemodes!
● Easy access to development tools and modding on day one!
● ... And about Multiplayer... Stay tuned!
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.