chekov
Спонсор
Спонсор

DarkMaus (SG)

Post by chekov »

DarkMaus v1.01 (SG)

Code: Select all

http://clicknupload.me/tc191r2yba4h
http://clicknupload.me/aiqr63gsfqtr (Startup crash Fix for v1.03)
DarkMaus is an indie action RPG with challenging, skill-based combat that punishes careless play.

In DarkMaus, you play a lonely wanderer searching for what's left in a corrupted world. The odds are against you - you will certainly perish.

Note: This game is designed for an Xbox Controller, but mouse / keyboard works too.

A worthy challenge - combat in DarkMaus is thoughtful and skill based. Enemies force you to be reactive to survive, and punish any greedy moves or mistakes. You'll start out swearing that it's impossible, and end up a god among Mäuse.

Death Echo - each time you die, an ally ghost is summoned that retraces your steps, fighting by your side. With time you can collect multiple ally ghosts and choose their weapons for extra strategy opportunities.
A dark world to explore - search for answers and secrets in the desolate land of Hazath, whose inhabitants have gone feral.

Combat style variety - from spears to greatswords and bows to fireballs, DarkMaus has a large number of viable builds and playstyles, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

System Requirements
MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel i7 or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Shader Model 3. If you have a laptop, be sure to choose your dedicated GPU!
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 500 MB available space

Update 1.01 is live
29 JANUARY - DANIEL WRIGHT

The first update is live with some fixes and suggestions from the community. Hopefully I didn't break anything =)

Gameplay
Crows now land occasionally, giving spear users an opportunity to hit them
Improved Bull damage accuracy, especially on charges
Depleted stamina warning shows if you failed a block, to make it clear what happened

Input
Added keyboard shortcuts for menus: 1-4 (4 is the map shortcut)
Limited input bindings file, for keyboard only right now. Located in Documents/DarkMaus/InputBindings.txt after you run once with this update.

Bug fixes
Fixed loading of wrong save file with more than 10 save slots
Hopeful fix for crash that was happening randomly when deflecting an arrow
chekov
Спонсор
Спонсор

DarkMaus (SG)

Post by chekov »

DarkMaus v1.02 (SG)

http://clicknupload.me/c7higf5ih6iq
Update 1.02
3 FEBRUARY - DANIEL WRIGHT

I've mostly been working on stability, but some gameplay tweaks too. Unfortunately there are still a number of ongoing crashes out there.

Major Fixes
Fixed crash when changing weapons quickly after deflecting an arrow
Checkpoint files are backed up before saving or starting a NG+, to prevent lost progress in the case of corrupted save files
Fixed crash changing graphics setting
Fixed crash in UI

Performance
Full res torch shadows disabled

Gameplay
If you accidentally damage Anna too much, she will forgive you after killing you once
Halberd does more damage to compensate for its higher requirements
Reduced swamp slow
Late game castle enemies made a bit easier, bosses a bit harder
Fixed Zarristar exploit with greatsword
Fixed Fuel Jar exploit
Fixed Fire Blade Oil effect not showing up after an exit
chekov
Спонсор
Спонсор

DarkMaus (SG)

Post by chekov »

DarkMaus v1.03 (SG)

http://clicknupload.me/tc191r2yba4h
Update 1.03
12 FEBRUARY - DANIEL WRIGHT

By popular request - you can now use morsels in combat. Hold the B button (Q on keyboard) to consume your smallest morsel. Morsels are still scarce, so use wisely!

Other changes:
Fixed accessories equipped to their existing slot causing them to be unequipped when reloaded
Fixed over-queuing of attacks when doing a sweeping attack or running stab
Fixed over-queuing of dodges when taking damage, particularly from ballistas
Marrow frenzy ability moved to Y button (hold to activate)
Greatsword slams are easier to land
Improved some of the end-game story scripting
Increased Resilience effectiveness

DarkMaus is an indie action RPG with challenging, skill-based combat that punishes careless play.

In DarkMaus, you play a lonely wanderer searching for what's left in a corrupted world. The odds are against you - you will certainly perish.

Note: This game is designed for an Xbox Controller, but mouse / keyboard works too.

A worthy challenge - combat in DarkMaus is thoughtful and skill based. Enemies force you to be reactive to survive, and punish any greedy moves or mistakes. You'll start out swearing that it's impossible, and end up a god among Mäuse.

Death Echo - each time you die, an ally ghost is summoned that retraces your steps, fighting by your side. With time you can collect multiple ally ghosts and choose their weapons for extra strategy opportunities.
A dark world to explore - search for answers and secrets in the desolate land of Hazath, whose inhabitants have gone feral.

Combat style variety - from spears to greatswords and bows to fireballs, DarkMaus has a large number of viable builds and playstyles, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

System Requirements
MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel i7 or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Shader Model 3. If you have a laptop, be sure to choose your dedicated GPU!
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 500 MB available space
chekov
Спонсор
Спонсор

DarkMaus (SG)

Post by chekov »

DarkMaus v1.04 (SG)

http://clicknupload.me/yvqyfed94dtr
Update 1.04
15 FEBRUARY - DANIEL WRIGHT

Big change - the 6 previous weapon skills are now merged into 3. Having such specific weapon skills was causing too much upgrade lock-in, and most of the weapons in the game couldn't even be equipped on a single run.

Other changes:
Map vision stays around for longer
Slightly more morsels in the mid and late game
Ghost allies are not quite as tough with the Ghost whisperer ability
Improved balance of NG+++ player upgrade scaling