Blade Runner - Enhanced Edition GOG

JohnnyMic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Blade Runner - Enhanced Edition GOG

Post by JohnnyMic »

Blade Runner + Blade Runner - Enhanced Edition

Genre: Adventure - TPP - Sci-fi
Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10), Linux (Ubuntu 18.04), Mac OS X (10.11+)
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Modes: Single-Player - Cloud saves
Released: November 3, 1997 / June 23, 2022
Size: 1,2 GB / 7,7 GB
Company: Westwood Studios, Inc. / Alcon Interactive Group
Installer version: v1.0_(34711) / 1.2.1075-new_(64bit)_(62154)
Included goodies: Wallpaper + Manual + Manual (Polish) + Concept Arts + Manual - Version B (English) + Behind The Scenes Booklet (English)
Store page: Blade Runner | Blade Runner - Enhanced Edition

About:
In 1997 Westwood Studios released a title that won universal praise from gamers and critics all
around the world, along with accolades like AIAS’s Adventure Game of the Year award. Set in the
same time and universe as the 1982 classic science fiction film by Ridley Scott, Blade Runner video
game is now making a big comeback on modern computers.

In the game, you take the role of detective Ray McCoy. Armed with your investigative skills and tools
of the Blade Runner trade, you must roam the dark, rainy streets of Los Angeles A.D. 2019 in pursuit
of androids gone rogue. Searching for those so-called replicants is a tough nut to crack because they
look and behave almost exactly like real people. Faced with growing moral dilemmas, McCoy will soon
have to answer questions about his own humanity.

Features:
  • Immerse yourself in the dark, gritty world of Los Angeles 2019, where you become both the hunter
    and the hunted.
  • Explore over 100 interactive environments including sets from the Ridley Scott’s 1982 movie.
  • Take part in a non-linear story that creates a unique experience every time you play.
  • Interact with over 70 motion-captured characters, all with their own AI and agendas.
  • Witness the climatic noir-style visuals, engulfed in smoke and rain.
  • Recognize the Hollywood cast from the original film including Sean Young, James Hong, Joe Turkel,
    Brion James, and William Sanderson.
  • Listen to the ambient, multi-track audio and hear the music which includes specially recreated cuts
    from the original Blade Runner soundtrack.
  • Step into the role of detective Ray McCoy and utilize Blade Runner tools you know from the
    movie. Use ESPER photo analysis machine to distinguish replicants from humans, and analyze all
    case clues with the Knowledge Integration Assistant.
Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition is a faithful restoration of the classic adventure game featuring:
  • Reconstruction and upressing of original Westwood VQA Videos
  • Cinematic Video frame rates updated from 15fps to 60fps
  • Modern HD Display
  • Enhanced “Knowledge Integration Assistant"" (KIA) and clue user interface
  • Enhanced Subtitle support
  • Modern gamepad support
  • SMAA Anti Aliasing
  • Anisotropic texture filtering
► System requirements
Minimum system requirements: System: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 Processor: 1 GHz Memory: 256 MB RAM Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended) Storage: 2 GB available space
This game is powered by ScummVM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tags:
mwnn
Moto-Terminator

Re: Blade Runner - Enhanced Edition GOG

Post by mwnn »

Still seems like the BR:EE is a bit of a shambles - sticking to the original release and running through SCUMMVM is probably the way to go for the moment.
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Blade_Runner
jimmychan
Модератор
Модератор

Post by jimmychan »

mwnn wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 14:23 Still seems like the BR:EE is a bit of a shambles - sticking to the original release and running through SCUMMVM is probably the way to go for the moment.
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Blade_Runner
i have the original on 4 discs :boast:
had it working some time ago but was keen to get the enhanced edition
oh well will dl it when they sort it :good:
blaiz
Moto-Terminator

Post by blaiz »

jimmychan wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 00:16 i have the original on 4 discs :boast:
I still have my old discs as well from buying it on launch in I (think) 1997. This along with Curse of Monkey Island were an absolute nightmare to get working on my fairly new 4mb 3dfx voodoo gpu, I think it eventually transpired to be a driver issue that wasn't fixed until several more later. Even to this day I imagine I had spent more time getting the game to work than I have actually playing it.