Scene releases discussion

Collection of Scene Released Games
BetaTester
Спонсор
Спонсор

Post by BetaTester »

Hey guys. A question. “The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners” can only be played with a VR headset ? Is there any version for classic gameplay?
Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new.!!
JohnnyMic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by JohnnyMic »

BetaTester wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 23:08 Hey guys. A question. “The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners” can only be played with a VR headset ? Is there any version for classic gameplay?
nope its VR only like Alyx
Xattre
Moto-Terminator

Post by Xattre »

I came across a lot of releases from 97-05, for example MYTH and CLASS releases. Some that I havn't found anywhere. The problem is, they are unpacked from their zip archives. What i got are the nfo and the ace archive. Sometimes I got the exe for extracting the archive, in some cases not.

So my question is, for the releases i know are complete, is there any method for restoring the zip archive all together again?
Another question about the EXE files for extraction, is there any place i could find these? I guess they are classified as installers/cracktros

Edit: Should have put this in retro section perhaps.
-Collecting iSO & RiPS from 1980 to 2009-
Deleted User 37044

Post by Deleted User 37044 »

Xattre wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 10:26 The problem is, they are unpacked from their zip archives. What i got are the nfo and the ace archive.
Personally I don't mind the zips missing, as long the ace's are correct it's the exact same release eventually.

You may want to look into rescene, however I doubt it works for these releases, as srrdb doesn't focus on scene rips for now, there are srr files available though.

If you have 1 file_id.diz, and know based of a previous release of that warezgroup what zip method is used, you may be able to recreate the zips, but we would need to have crc's of the original zips in order to get started.

Currently I'm also working on releasing gamerips, as well from that time era, maybe we can help eachother merging the releases, saves time if I have a proper packed release, crc verified, then you can remove a incomplete or not originally packed version of that release from your archive.

Let me know if you're interested, I also use ed2k btw, so maybe we can easily exchange through that, just a thought.
Xattre
Moto-Terminator

Post by Xattre »

romev wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 16:30 Let me know if you're interested, I also use ed2k btw, so maybe we can easily exchange through that, just a thought.
A collaboration sounds good. I'll send you a pm soon. :good:
-Collecting iSO & RiPS from 1980 to 2009-
spuntik80
Moto-Terminator

Post by spuntik80 »

Roofio wrote: 09 May 2021, 13:22 Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks for reply^^

I believe that your disc is the original EU version, it have very close size to this http://redump.org/disc/23796/
To say more i need to look into the actual disc image.

Regarding those requested scene clones, i also have no idea of their contents.
I'm trying to find this: http://redump.org/disc/70934/, so i'm just exploring my options.
Roofio
Moto-Terminator

Post by Roofio »

spuntik80 wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 20:41 Thanks for reply^^

I believe that your disc is the original EU version, it have very close size to this http://redump.org/disc/23796/
To say more i need to look into the actual disc image.

Regarding those requested scene clones, i also have no idea of their contents.
I'm trying to find this: http://redump.org/disc/70934/, so i'm just exploring my options.
Thanks for pointing out this direction. However, it seems like a dead end.
Unfortunately, the data taken from my image mismatches the one specified at Redump.
spuntik80
Moto-Terminator

Post by spuntik80 »

Roofio wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 22:10 Unfortunately, the data taken from my image mismatches the one specified at Redump.
This is interesting, maybe your version is some specific foreign release, like for Germany, France, Spain, or for some other country?
Or maybe some reissue, of which i'm not aware, yet.
If you willing to upload it to some filehosting, like: https://mirrorace.com, for example, i could look into that disc image closer.
Maybe i will give some answers, after i inspect it.
Roofio
Moto-Terminator

Post by Roofio »

spuntik80 wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 22:38 This is interesting, maybe your version is some specific foreign release, like for Germany, France, Spain, or for some other country?
Or maybe some reissue, of which i'm not aware, yet.
If you willing to upload it to some filehosting, like: https://mirrorace.com, for example, i could look into that disc image closer.
Maybe i will give some answers, after i inspect it.
I have uploaded the image, please take a look at it.
spuntik80
Moto-Terminator

Post by spuntik80 »

Roofio wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 23:42 I have uploaded the image, please take a look at it.
Thanks.
Will report back after i examine it.

Update:
The PVD section of your disc image is messed up with UltraISO.
This mean that this version is most likely some custom release which was made at 26.07.2008.
Also the dates are not quite correct, in proper disc image the dates usually do not differ by couple years.
The actual game version which is on this particular disc image is 1.0.228.
I'm still not sure why bother with making custom disc image with UltraISO, if the simple dump with Alcohol 120% would also be fine.
This game do not use any hard protection, and any simple mini disc image will do the trick with bypassing the disc check.

Update:
This is final update, your version have exactly the same files as this one: http://redump.org/disc/2520/
In other words, hashes from both versions perfectly match each other.
The difference is only in dates.
There is still a slight possibility that your disc is some sort of reissue, but i will leave that mystery for some other person to discover^^
Roofio
Moto-Terminator

Post by Roofio »

spuntik80 wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 10:15 Thanks.
Will report back after i examine it.

Update:
The PVD section of your disc image is messed up with UltraISO.
This mean that this version is most likely some custom release which was made at 26.07.2008.
Also the dates are not quite correct, in proper disc image the dates usually do not differ by couple years.
The actual game version which is on this particular disc image is 1.0.228.
I'm still not sure why bother with making custom disc image with UltraISO, if the simple dump with Alcohol 120% would also be fine.
This game do not use any hard protection, and any simple mini disc image will do the trick with bypassing the disc check.

Will do more comparisons with other versions, and will update this post later.
Thank you for all your efforts for inspecting this one.
I did have some doubts that it may be a custom image made/converted by somebody.
kithylin
Mini-Hunter

Scene releases request

Post by kithylin »

I think I'm going nuts here... all of the download links on Multiup are sending me to spam sites and not giving me the actual files to download. I tried turning off the ad blocker and even registering for an account and it just won't actually lead to any files to download.. I'm so confused. Is multiup really a spam site?
 i Message from: JohnnyMic
Hide Links! and moved your post in the discussion thread
JohnnyMic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by JohnnyMic »

kithylin wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 12:43 I think I'm going nuts here... all of the download links on Multiup are sending me to spam sites and not giving me the actual files to download. I tried turning off the ad blocker and even registering for an account and it just won't actually lead to any files to download.. I'm so confused. Is multiup really a spam site?
use JD2 just copy and paste the multiup links but i guess it doesnt will work anyway cause the links are too old and offline (they are over 1 year old)
if u want something from it (or anything else) search it here via the search bar on the top left corner of the side or request it again in the request topic (where u posted first)
treloret
Mini-Hunter

Post by treloret »

Went through 1997 releases and found some of the missing disks and some original rips versus total repacks in that collection, but since I'm too new here, I have no way of actually contacting JohhnyMic to be able to reopen it or share it through other means. Also going through the older stuff, and plenty of discrepancies there, but haven't finished checking those entirely yet.
B34ST
Mini-Hunter

Post by B34ST »

Which crack is "better"?
Forza.Horizon.5-CODEX + Forza.Horizon.5.Crackfix-CODEX (12.11.2021)
or
Forza.Horizon.5.PROPER-EMPRESS (6.11.2021)
P8triot
Mini-Hunter

Post by P8triot »

Any idea if we are going to get MADISON? I can't find anything about it having drm.
B34ST
Mini-Hunter

Post by B34ST »

FH5 EMPRESS is better, from NFO:
PROPER:
- Properly unpacked executable, game OEP restored.
- All Arxan internal handlers are patched.
- Arxan integrity checks are defused.
- Increased game stability by fixing legit game crashes.
I also finally managed to get working FH3, FH4 and FM7 on Win11. You need correct new P2P releases and not old scene releases. Plus for FH3 you must disable virtualization in Avast.
FH4 I solved with replaced GPU from Nvidia to Radeon on 14th. But today I figured problem on Nvidia was because of Vsync off, on Radeon it is opposite, I can't turn if Off with any setting in Radeon Settings and ingame.
Elfix
Moto-Terminator

Post by Elfix »

Hi, folks.

I am just wondering if there are any plans to start sharing any Console releases anytime soon.
Considering the fact that lots of emulators (e.g. PS1 and PS2) have some decent progress in emulation, I guess it would be cool to have a collection in original RARs.

As usual,it is meant for preserving purposes.
SilentMRG
Harvester

Post by SilentMRG »

Elfix wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 05:03 Hi, folks.

I am just wondering if there are any plans to start sharing any Console releases anytime soon.
Considering the fact that lots of emulators (e.g. PS1 and PS2) have some decent progress in emulation, I guess it would be cool to have a collection in original RARs.

As usual,it is meant for preserving purposes.
Hi Elfix,

As far as I know, console collections you can find them on the Internet Archive. To give you an idea, there are collections in the Redump format of PS1, PS2, PSP and many other CD/DVD media games, for example. In addition, there are also complete collections of Mega Drive, SNES, GBA games and all in No-Intro format. And yes, all games are compressed. And keep in mind that the Internet Archive is DMCA exempt, that is, even Nintendo games can be shared there (Nintendo is brutal when it comes to "piracy"), without any problem, as the Internet Archive's mission is non-profit preservation.

Cheers!

Added in 9 minutes 57 seconds:
Hello friends!

Does anyone know if there is a scene version of the game Alien Shooter - Last Hope? I didn't find anything in srrDB. However, that site the "igggames", seems to have a version, which at first, is not from the scene.

Anyway, all Alien Shooter series games have been cracked, including the last one, New Era (released this year), and Last Hope is from 2020 and so far it hasn't been cracked, as far as I can see.

Thanks!
► I watched the stupidity of mankind through the scope of my rifle.
Elfix
Moto-Terminator

Post by Elfix »

SilentMRG wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 21:52 As far as I know, console collections you can find them on the Internet Archive. To give you an idea, there are collections in the Redump format of PS1, PS2, PSP and many other CD/DVD media games, for example. In addition, there are also complete collections of Mega Drive, SNES, GBA games and all in No-Intro format. And yes, all games are compressed. And keep in mind that the Internet Archive is DMCA exempt, that is, even Nintendo games can be shared there (Nintendo is brutal when it comes to "piracy"), without any problem, as the Internet Archive's mission is non-profit preservation.
Thank you for pointing this out.
However, I am interested in Scene Releases only packed in original rar files.

For example, if we consider X360 releases, the Internet Archive portal has some releases in GOD format that does not work for me at all.
Thanksfully to ReScene tool, I can find unpacked releases and restore original rar files but it does not work in 100% cases.