Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10)
Languages: Audio and text: English
Features: Single-Player
Released: February 28, 2018
Size: 95 MB
Company: Voidpoint / 3D Realms
Installer version: v1.1_(41245)
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/ion_fury

About: Ion Fury's preview campaign is is also available for download to all owners of "Bombshell Digital
Deluxe Edition" or "Bombshell Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade". You can download it from the bonus
goodies section in your GOG library.

3D Realms and Voidpoint are proud to bring back the Build engine, which powered Duke Nukem 3D,
Blood, and Shadow Warrior, in all of its hand-crafted pixelated glory. They’ve spent a lot of time tinkering
under the hood to take advantage of new technology and techniques. Bigger levels, hundreds of new
colors, and morphing maps that transform mid-level are all just a few of the advancements made to the
engine.

Welcome to ION FURY!

Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison earned her nickname as a bomb disposal expert for the Global Defense
Force. When transhumanist cult mastermind Dr. Jadus Heskel unleashes a cybernetic army on Neo
DC, Shelly decides it’s time to start chucking bombs rather than diffusing them.

Her journey will leave trails of blood and gore in huge, multi-path levels filled with those famous
colorful keycards and plenty of secrets and Easter Eggs to discover behind every corner. There’s also
no regenerating health here, so stop taking cover and start running and gunning. Honestly, Ion Fury
should probably come out on three hundred floppy disks.

Shelly’s quest to take down Dr. Heskel’s army will see her use an arsenal of weapons, all with alternate
fire modes or different ammo types. Her signature revolver, Loverboy, brings enemies pain and players
pleasure with single shots, or Shelly can fan the hammer Old West style. Shotguns are fun, but tossing
grenades down their barrels and firing explosive rounds is even better. Bowling Bombs are just as violent
and over-the-top as one would hope.

Ion Fury laughs at the idea of constant checkpoints and straight paths through shooting galleries. But
just because this is a true old-school first-person shooter doesn’t mean there won’t be all the good new
stuff the last two decades have brought. Headshots? Hell yeah. More physics and interactivity? You
betcha. Widescreen, controller support, and Auto Saves? 3D Realms and Voidpoint took the best of both
worlds and cooked it all into a bloody stew.

● The true successor to classic shooters such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior and Blood.
● Built using the original "Build" engine, with additional enhancements to further improve the technology.
● Beautiful hand-crafted artwork, built using original old-school tools and methodologies.
● 7 exciting Zones, each spanning multiple maps.
● Tons of enemies, weapons and carnage!
● Best of both worlds! ION FURY brings back the classic '90s FPS action you love, with modern additions
such as physics and checkpoints.
● Classic level design, no procedural generation! Expect multiple paths, cool effects, and complex set pieces!
● True tracked module music!
● Incredible weapons with alternate firemodes!
● Easy access to development tools and modding on day one!
● ... And about Multiplayer... Stay tuned!
► System requirements
Minimum system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8.1 / 10 (64 bit)
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 (2*2400) or equivalent AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 5000+ (2*2600) or equivalent
Memory: 2048 MB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 8600 GT (512 MB) or equivalent Radeon HD 4670 (512 MB) or equivalent
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 100 MB available space

Recommended system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8.1 / 10 (64 bit)
Processor: Intel Core i3-530 (2*2930) or equivalent AMD Phenom x4 9850 (4*2500) or equivalent
Memory: 2048 MB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GT 610 (1024 MB) or equivalent Radeon HD 6850 (1024 MB) or equivalent
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 100 MB available space
► bypass gdrive download quota
► The Ninja-King

Tags:
arrowflash
Moto-Terminator

Ion Fury GOG

Post by arrowflash »

Nighted wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 21:17 This game is bad ass. I think I forgot what fun was until now.
Not so badass anymore I guess...
Lord Ainz
Moto-Terminator

Ion Fury GOG

Post by Lord Ainz »

Make sure you guys save your original version before it gets censored and changed to hell and back
Nighted
Спонсор
Спонсор

Ion Fury GOG

Post by Nighted »

What are you guys talking about? Are they going to change all the cyborgs to White male chauvinist right wing terrorists and the female protagonist to an African trans-gender anti-fascist freedom fighter?

*Edit...oh wow....I'm reading the steam reviews. Amazing how fast it when from "Overwhelmingly Positive" to "Mixed". Our old enemies the Bolsheviks are at it again. :(
No more Mac updates. No one is hitting the links. Not wasting my time anymore. I'll post new stuff but beyond that you're on your own. Good Luck! :good:

Torrminatorr IRC: irc.zeronode.net/torrminatorr -or- KiwiIRC
teahouse_shootout
Mini-Hunter

Ion Fury GOG

Post by teahouse_shootout »

Some peope just can't seperate the art from the artist.
TheMaster
Moto-Terminator

Ion Fury GOG

Post by TheMaster »

Liberalism is definitely a mental disorder! One of many that has a grip on too many people these days. Good to see other like-minded souls here who see all the disease around us for what it is though :good:
___Grim___
Mini-Hunter

Ion Fury GOG

Post by ___Grim___ »

It is really disheartening when a promising game like this gets butchered to appeal to a bunch of crybabies who don't even play games. I was originally planning on buying this one, but not anymore - just gonna save version 1.0 to my gaming archive and be done with it...shame.
TTT
Mini-Hunter

Ion Fury GOG

Post by TTT »

from steam forums
Ion Fury is not being censored
We've become aware of some confusion about whether Ion Fury will be censored in response or relation to recent controversy.

The answer is no; we are only tweaking a rarely seen decorative sprite and removing some offensive text found outside the game world in leftover map data.

The upcoming patch otherwise includes typical bug fixes and balancing changes.

one small texture changes, other thing was never visible

the game is now BUTCHERED, changed beyond recognition, not fun to play any more :ahaha:
arrowflash
Moto-Terminator

Ion Fury GOG

Post by arrowflash »

Those who imply the community is overreacting because it was only tiny changes, are missing the point.

You give those people an inch, next they want a mile. They are not customers, they are the ones who overreacted in the first place, and they still won't buy the game even after the apology and changes. SgtMarkIV's opinion posted on Steam forums summed up pretty well and eloquently most people's thoughts on the subject:
http://archive.is/SPU0Y

I agree it's a good idea to archive the old version for those who like the game in its current form. Who knows what comes next, if ResetEra says that guns are bad and offensive, 3DR might cave in. Anyways, this is my final post on the subject since I assume this is not a proper place to discuss this.
___Grim___
Mini-Hunter

Ion Fury GOG

Post by ___Grim___ »

It is not the amount or size of the changes that matters, it is the notion of changing art due to the outrage of a certain small group. You either stand on principle or you don't stand at all.

Caving in to these type of people only gives them more power and they never get satisfied. Gaming didn't give in to Jack Thompson and his ilk back in the early 2000s and it shouldn't give in now.
tormi
Moto-Terminator

Ion Fury GOG

Post by tormi »

I suggest to vastyr to keep the 1.0 version available for download along with any new versions.
TheMaster
Moto-Terminator

Ion Fury GOG

Post by TheMaster »

___Grim___ wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 21:36 It is not the amount or size of the changes that matters, it is the notion of changing art due to the outrage of a certain small group. You either stand on principle or you don't stand at all.

Caving in to these type of people only gives them more power and they never get satisfied. Gaming didn't give in to Jack Thompson and his ilk back in the early 2000s and it shouldn't give in now.
Yes, and this should be seen as an example of what needs to be extended into every other aspect of day-to-day life. The place all this shit is taking us, our families & friends to if left unchecked is VERY dark! It needs to be not only stopped but turned around & the people responsible dealt with once & for all so it doesn't happen ever again! This might sound dramatic to some but it's the truth & ignoring it has dire irl consequences not just for gaming. Ok, mini-rant over, back to the gaming momentarily... :victory:
L0v3craft
Moto-Terminator

Ion Fury GOG

Post by L0v3craft »

Looks like version 1.02 is out on steam. I hope in the gog version. Thanks.
teahouse_shootout
Mini-Hunter

Ion Fury GOG

Post by teahouse_shootout »

Is GOG still on 1.0?
vastyr
T-Meg

Ion Fury GOG

Post by vastyr »

Update!
  • added v1.02_(32556).
► The Ninja-King
catastic
Changelogger
Changelogger

Ion Fury GOG

Post by catastic »

vastyr wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 21:26 Update!

added v1.02_(32556).
► Changelog
Update 1.02 (18 September 2019)
New/changed:

• Added borderless windowed mode options
• Reworked the implementation of crouch toggle to behave in a more logical way
• Boosted visibility of enemies in dark environments
• Reworked both Clusterpuck fire modes
• Increased max Clusterpuck carry amount
• Decreased Bowling Bomb homing mode delay
• Added flight sound for homing missiles fired from enemies
• Added extra sound effects for flying skull drones
• Decreased max medkit carry amount
• Large medkit now only gives +20 HP on Maximum Fury skill
• Garbage cans and trash bags now sometimes spawn health syringes
• Health syringe can now boost health past 100
• Moved zone 3 boss fight ammo crates to more obvious locations and reworked their pickup mechanics
• Moved a few unfavorably positioned save checkpoints
• Improved pacing of final boss battle
• Increased radar duration
• Increased radar range
• Decreased radar refresh delay
• Decreased max radar carry amount
• Beefed up Disperser and Penetrator firing sound effects
• Tweaked Penetrator reload sound effect

Fixes:

• Performance, timing, and frame pacing improvements
• Fixed mouse buttons 4 and 5 not working on Linux
• Fixed setting windowed mode at the same resolution as the desktop just giving you regular fullscreen mode instead
• Fixed game sometimes fullscreening to the wrong monitor in multi-monitor setups
• Fixed possible crash or degraded performance after shooting mirrors repeatedly
• Fixed degraded performance after firing thousands of shots in a single map
• Fixed counting enemy deaths from the environment that could prevent reaching 100% kills
• Fixed Bowling Bombs sometimes failing to properly indicate that they were in homing mode
• Fixed being able to activate radar on the stats screen at the end of a zone
• Fixed the weapon display sometimes getting "stuck" when opening grates with the use key
• Fixed internal effect sprites sometimes showing up in map mode
• Fixed the player's portrait on the difficulty select screen sometimes only displaying static
• Fixed fall damage being applied even after a fan pushed the player upward
• Fixed the wrong weapon sometimes being shown on screen
• Fixed Ion Bow projectile not respecting the player's autoaim setting
• Fixed grenadier enemies being invulnerable to burning damage
• Fixed player sometimes dying after the end credits
• Fixed various possible progression blockers and unintended environmental deaths throughout the game
• Fixed a few secret areas that either didn't trigger properly or could trigger more than once
• Fixed maps sometimes getting their states reset when backtracking in zones 5 and 6
• Fixed end screen transition after final boss
• Fixed far away explosion sounds sometimes being too quiet
• Fixed weapon reload animation canceling
• Fixed linked up "HeskelCast" screens sometimes going out of sync from one another
• Fixed Bowling Bomb pickup always switching away from the Electrifryer, even if automatic switching was disabled
• Fixed audio clipping when killing many sections of a centipede enemy at once
• Fixed other misc map issues: texture misalignments, effect glitches, etc
SquiglyDX
Moto-Terminator

Ion Fury GOG

Post by SquiglyDX »

Seems like they really meant it when they said they changed their Mind on removing the "offensive" Stuff... :ahaha:

Thanks, i'll try the Update, gonna keep the 1.0 Backup just in Case, 'tho.
mwnn
Moto-Terminator

Ion Fury GOG

Post by mwnn »

It looks like GOG have packaged v1.02 instead of 1.02a - maybe that's intentional?
Here's the files from steam: https://www14.zippyshare.com/v/2MzC2MOu/file.html

1.02a
68f4b7e312bbaf6e7fd564ca2ba552ad fury.def
e0e770268248d4d7ffd140a88ededa94 fury.grp
bb727cdbe35a7f84d4082a4a1ed434fa fury.grpinfo

68f4b7e312bbaf6e7fd564ca2ba552ad fury.def
24ff590a9bc6f4a69e3536f76ca53d50 fury.grp
c44a3221fe69c1860102b50c30bd9674 fury.grpinfo

it looks like v1.02a fixes an issue with missing sounds:
https://forums.duke4.net/index.php?app= ... pid=330422
vastyr
T-Meg

Ion Fury GOG

Post by vastyr »

mwnn, well gog is usually slower than steam. gogdb has no info on this (it's empty). May be galaxy version is up to date. :dntknw:

oh and thanks for the updated files. :victory:
► The Ninja-King
nayoz
Mini-Hunter

Ion Fury GOG

Post by nayoz »

my only regret of this game is: fire smg pistol burning isn't working as well as blood flare gun... i would have liked this effect the first fire mode.
tom942
Moto-Terminator

Ion Fury GOG

Post by tom942 »

Hi,

I want to download latest version, but when I open the Google Drive link, it says that I have to ask for permission. I've sent that request several hours ago, but I haven´t received any mail yet.

Is there anything wrong?

Greetings!!!

Tom