Herald: An Interactive Period Drama - Book I & II

Genre: Adventure - Point-and-click - Narrative
Works on: Windows ( 7, 8, 10)
Languages: Audio and text: English
Features: single-player
Released: February 22, 2017
Size: 1 GB
Company: Wispfire / Wispfire
Installer version: 1.2.1_(64bit)_(31043)
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/herald_an_inte ... _book_i_ii
Included goodies: 3 wallpapers

About You are Devan Rensburg, a man of mixed heritage living in an alternate 19th century - in a
world where the west is united as a single colonial superpower: The Protectorate; a world divided
by race, class and culture.

You were born in the eastern colonies - but raised in the west, in the Protectorate’s capital.

In search of your roots, you booked passage on board of the HLV Herald, a ‘Protectorian’ ship set
for your country of birth.

During your voyage, news of colonial unrest created tensions between the diverse crew and
passengers.

Months later you alone are dragged ashore. No ship, no crew. All that remains is you, your journal
and a captain's coat you were wearing. A mysterious woman is holding you captive and demands
you to tell her what happened to 'your' ship. What you tell her, is your choice.

Herald is a story-driven adventure game with a branching narrative. Book I & II are available as the
base game and together contain about 4 hours of gameplay. Each Book has its own narrative arc.
Book III and IV are still in production and will be released at a later date as episodic content.

● A branching narrative that changes depending on how you decide to play. Do you choose to be
bold and stand up for the downtrodden, or would pleasing the elite be the safer and smarter
choice?
● Uncover all of the secrets aboard the merchant clipper Herald, as you explore its many nooks
and crannies.
● The Herald is a microcosm of 19th century society. The crew and passengers all have their own
dark secrets and often use sly coercion to convince Devan to help them. But who can you trust?
● Herald's diverse cast of characters is brought to life by beautifully animated portraits, and the
performances of thirteen talented voice actors.
● Herald is set during an alternate 1857 in which the West has been united as a single global
superpower: the Protectorate. Governed not by kings but by an elected 'Lord Protector’, the
Protectorians believe they are morally superior. But are they?
● A gripping tale about finding your place in a world divided by race, class and culture.
► System requirements
Minimum system requirements - Windows: 7 64 bit or newer
Processor: Dual Core Processor @2,4 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Direct X 9 compliant video card with 1GB of VRAM / Intel Graphics HD 4600 (720p, Low Settings)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 3 GB available space
Mouse, Keyboard
Additional Notes: Recommended Monitor Aspect Ratio: 16:9 and 16:10

Recommended system requirements - Windows: 7 64 bit or newer
Processor: Intel i5 @2,8 GHz or the equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTS 450 or the equivalent (1080p, High Settings)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 3 GB available space
Additional Notes: Recommended Monitor Aspect Ratio: 16:9 and 16:10
► ChangeLog
Patch 1.2.1 (25 July 2019)
added Galaxy achievements

New Features:

New Journal design. The journal in the original release
Subtitles for all cinematics. Turn them on or off in the game settings or by pressing ‘z’ during a cinematic.
Dyslexic font for texts. Since there is a lot of text in Herald we looked into providing support for different fonts. There is now an option to turn on a dyslexia-friendly font (OpenDyslexic) in the game settings.
New text rendering method. All texts in the game should be crisper and easier to read because of the new text renderer.
Starting a new game on chapter 2 (or later) will now use the decisions you made the last time you completed chapter 1.

Changes:

We’ve upgraded the engine from Unity 5.6 to Unity 2018.3. This allows us to make use of many new features going forward.

Bugfixes:

We’ve fixed many bugs throughout the game (and probably created some new ones too!).

Patch 1.1.0 (07 March 2017)
New Features:

Controller Support for most Dual Analog Stick gamepads.
Alternative control scheme for controllers. Select 'Use Gamepad' in the Game Settings menu to switch between click-to-walk with the mouse and direct control with a gamepad's left analog stick.

Notes:

If your dual analog stick controller doesn't work with Herald, and you think it should be supported, please drop by the community forum! We have only been able to test a limited number of controllers and will patch in more later.
Daniel now has his own theme, which can be heard when he tells you about himself in the Galley.

Changes:

When quitting the game, you now get a warning that you will lose unsaved progress since last checkpoint.
The graphic for checkpoints (spinning compass) now also says 'saving.' underneath, so you know your progress is safe.
NPCs' dialogue boxes now disappear when you click on them.
Various dialogue choice texts and help notes were rewritten for clarity.

Bugfixes:

Sometimes the game would not remember whether you found out certain information about Senator Morton, making a later dialogue branch harder to reach than it should be. This has been corrected.
VSync & Target framerate are now correctly reset after cinematic interludes.

Patch 1.0.2 (23 February 2017)
Changes:

Added a message about which version of Herald you are playing that ends up in the editor log. This can help us with troubleshooting.
Adjusted various camera and character positions to improve the cinematographic effect of certain scenes.
Made it impossible to walk to certain areas of the Captain's Cabin the first time you get there (this was never intended).

Bugfixes:

Fixed a bug where Devan would think he already had the oil or the lamp, even though he didn't.
Fixed some noticeable graphical glitches when loading certain scenes.
Fixed a bug where it was possible to get the journal in an incorrect state.
► bypass gdrive download quota
► The Ninja-King
Tom a Jerry
T-Meg

Herald: An Interactive Period Drama - Book I & II GOG

Post by Tom a Jerry »

Herald: An Interactive Period Drama - Book I & II v1.1.0 (11098) + Goodies
vastyr
T-Meg

Herald: An Interactive Period Drama - Book I & II GOG

Post by vastyr »

Update!