[1997] GRAND.THEFT.AUTO.1-GiRLiSO

Scene iSO Games, released from 90s untill 2009
bro-BOT
Hydrobot

Post by bro-BOT »

+-----------------------------------------+ | g i r l i s o | | - | | | | r e l e a s e : g t a 1 | | - | | | | i n f o : | | game: gta1 cds: 1 | | rls date: 28/5 2002 ripper: girliso | | cd info: 2 rars supplier: girliso | | format: iso origin: take2 | | - | | i n t r o d u c t i o n | | | | a few days ago gta3 was released. the | | world was dying to get a copy of the | | new version of the game and almost | | everybody loves the gta series. we | | thought i'd be a good idea to release | | the old versions, too. anyway, enjoy! | | - | | c o n t a c t | | | | girliso@hotmail.com | +-----------------------------------------+
Note:
This is the original release with 2x 15MB parts, look at the NFO. There's also two other repacks floating around, one with 2x 50MB parts (second part is around 10MB) and one with 5x 15MB parts. I tried to get this release today and I didn't have luck. This is from my archive.
Jakolanten
Moto-Terminator

GRAND.THEFT.AUTO.1-GiRLiSO

Post by Jakolanten »

I've noticed a couple of these early iso's aren't ripped properly. Or more specifically they are mixed mode cds with redbook audio tracks that aren't ripped. There's another earlier scene release called Grand_Theft_Auto-TCiSO from 1999 but I can only assume its ultra rare if not lost.

I've got the full image (bin/cue format) as well as the original freeware version (.exe installer from rockstar website) if anyone is interested.

*edit* The full game rared should be at least 500MB.
Deleted User 6280

Post by Deleted User 6280 »

TCiSO is long lost, look at the first link in this post:
https://www.forum.torrminatorr.com/view ... 828#p21828
Hard to find ones I have listed at the end of the post, there's only 5.

Yeah, I mounted the image and saw that it is not original, just some folder with a rip on the ISO, but then I quickly forgot about it.
Original image is 750MB, so you are right, at least 500MB RARed.

I wouldn't mind them, although I have a mdf/mds one.
But I remember I downloaded this as freeware, also C&C games and others I don't remember now. But that was a long time ago, most likely on DVDs I burned in 2006 and threw away in 2012 (I'd slap myself if I could go back in time).
Jakolanten
Moto-Terminator

Post by Jakolanten »

I've upped both GTA 1 and 2 freeware
here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7934
Wasn't sure what section they belong in.

Had a look at your list, didn't realise so much was missing. :facepalm:
Deleted User 6280

I've noticed a couple of these early iso's aren't ripped properly. Or more specifically they are mixed mode cds with redbook audio tracks that aren't ripped.
If I understand you correctly, original games (and not scene releases like this one) were mixed mode CDs, that is correct. Not all, but a lot of them had audio tracks.
If that is what you meant, then yes, there are some releases which are just data CDs, even though original game had audio tracks. Basically a rip on an ISO. Besides this one, I also know this Q2 release:
https://www.srrdb.com/release/details/QuakeII-RiSO

And CLASSICS releases also don't use original image, they have their own installer, similar to GOG games.

I don't care about these, but I still kept them.

I also hate scene releases of GOG games. They even use scene ISO standards for them, that means RAR parts and whatnot. And on ISO there is just a GOG exe, you can't get more stupid than that.
What's even more strange, one group even uses rip rules for them, I think it was this one:
https://www.xrel.to/game-nfo/860646/Her ... LiGHT.html

And ISO-RAiN makes ISOs of GOG games:
https://www.xrel.to/game-nfo/654062/Her ... -RAiN.html
https://www.srrdb.com/browse/iso-rain/category%3Apc/1

Same with I_KnoW:
https://www.srrdb.com/browse/i_know/category:pc/1

Added in 28 minutes 45 seconds:
There's also these 2 scene releases of GTA 1 and 2, thanks to kkkkk:
Grand.Theft.Auto.Classics.Collection.Internal.READ.NFO.BWClone-XMAFT
Grand.Theft.Auto.London.1969-POE
Jakolanten
Moto-Terminator

Post by Jakolanten »

Yep, you understand. Total_Annihilation-SiLENT is another.

I'm also not as interested in gog repacks if the game originally came on disc.
sampson
Moto-Terminator

Post by sampson »

Even TCiSO was imho re-release, original was released in middle of '98. unfortunately i dont know releasename/group.
Deleted User 6280

Quite possible, it was released in 1999 and game in 1997. I would say original release might even be released in the end of 1997, same as Quake II. That's the second game I don't know the release name of. It wasn't a common practice to release it half year later, at least I don't know of any examples.

But I read what you wrote here, so there could be other like this:
COiSO released a 6 months old game "on request", it was nuked on some sites for that (Advanced.Tactical.Fighters.Gold.Edition-COiSo)

I really don't get how information like this just vanished from the face of the Earth. There are people who remember things, Quake II was supposed to be from RazorISO, but it's still strange this is not written anywhere.
And no NFOs were preserved, I get it for RARs, but it's strange no one at least stored the NFOs. 1997 is like it never existed and 1998 most RARs are lost.

EDIT:
I found this in your posts, it probably talks about the TCiSO re-release from 1999:
If you read the .nfo on GTA *RE-RELEASE* it is a game from '97 sometime and was only done for those people who wanted to use the addon released by DVNiSO. They acknowledge some will keep and most will nuke, but its around for the taking.
sampson
Moto-Terminator

Post by sampson »

As fas as i know one of the biggest and oldest dupechecks closed/vanished around 2004, so lots of info about old releases with that.
mrstr
Moto-Terminator

Post by mrstr »

pls reupload link :shout:
Deleted User 45595

Post by Deleted User 45595 »

kevinj93
Модератор
Модератор

Post by kevinj93 »

fresh links re-upped.
Corrupted archive error in my uploads? Try using latest WinRAR !