:!: Having trouble logging in? Please, read this topic :!:

Suggestions for improvement

Пишите свои предложения по улучшению нашего форума.
onizou
Mini-Hunter
Mini-Hunter

Post by onizou » 05 Apr 2019, 01:45

Could you consider splitting the "Linux / MacOS" section so that each of these operating systems have their own section?
This because these two systems are so different that one software for one does not work on the other. It is therefore useless for a person looking for GNU/Linux games to see his forum and searches pages cluttered by MacOS games, and vice versa.

ADMIN
Администратор
Администратор

Post by ADMIN » 05 Apr 2019, 15:47

onizou wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 01:45
Could you consider splitting the "Linux / MacOS" section
done

void09
Релизер
Релизер

Post by void09 » 05 Apr 2019, 16:17

F
ADMIN wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 15:47
onizou wrote: ↑
Today, 01:45
Could you consider splitting the "Linux / MacOS" section

done
Finally, our Glorious Open OS separated from filthy peasant os.
:P

onizou
Mini-Hunter
Mini-Hunter

Post by onizou » 05 Apr 2019, 17:31

Wow! It was quick. Thank you !

I take this opportunity to make new suggestions.

Currently, and if I understand vastyr, only GOG games are shared here for GNU/Linux. This is how vastyr could not publish Itch.io games that I sent him. Itch.io offers games without DRM sold directly by the developers, without any addition of the shop.
Could you turn the GOG section into a "DRM-free game" section to share games from GOG, Itch.io, Paradox Plaza, and other platforms without DRM?

Finally, there is no GNU/Linux section for scene releases on Torrminatorr, and yet: https://www.xrel.to/game-linux-release-list.html :cry:

ADMIN
Администратор
Администратор

Post by ADMIN » 05 Apr 2019, 17:38

onizou wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 17:31
Could you turn the GOG section into a "DRM-free game" section
this will not happen.
but we can make separate section for GNU/Linux games if there are "linux-expert" people, who are willing to upload those games. Because our team (HUGE thanks to all of them) is small and we can't spend all our time to upload (and especially to re-upload) all kind of games available in internet.

onizou
Mini-Hunter
Mini-Hunter

Post by onizou » 05 Apr 2019, 19:15

One GNU/Linux section to bring them all and in Torrminatorr bind them ?
I'm voting for !

GrimReaper
Модератор
Модератор

Post by GrimReaper » 05 Apr 2019, 23:07

ADMIN, do you perhaps know if this can be fixed? I need 3 empty lines to actually get 1 if HIDDEN is after the NFO and 2 empty lines to get 1 if text is after HIDDEN, like here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8379

Same thing with text before and after quote, you need 2 empty lines to get 1, but I also noticed this problem on a lot of other forums.

text

text

ADMIN
Администратор
Администратор

Post by ADMIN » 06 Apr 2019, 12:50

GrimReaper wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 23:07
ADMIN, do you perhaps know if this can be fixed?
this is all about forum engine. I'll try to adjust styles, when I have time.

SuperTon
Moto-Terminator
Moto-Terminator

Post by SuperTon » 12 Apr 2019, 22:57

Sorry to go off topic but have you considered using images.weserv.nl for caching GOG, Steam and other external sites images?

The advantages are obvious:
  • Faster load time for the users due to CDN & manual optimization use
  • Images are kept alive even after the original source is dead
  • Better user/forum privacy
  • Easy image optimization
Unfortunately there is a serious downside:
  • They don't support animated images (yet)
Due to this downside it'll probably have to be implemented as a user/mod function instead of automated feature for now. Unless someone knows of/runs a better free image proxy service that can be used together with something like the Image Redirect extension?

P.S. Can I suggest to move the [YEAR] tag at the end of the topics or implement a real tag plugin for the forum? If they are in the beginning of the thread they offer the option to sort by year but prevent the user from sorting by title (topic) name, on the other hand if they are moved at the end a user will be able to sort by title/topic name and order the search results by thread name and still list all titles from specific year by adding [20XX] to the search field. Using a powerful tag extension (something like RH Topic Tags) will give us even more options for filtering, sorting and even adding more than one year to a title but that will mean more work for the admin/dev.

onizou
Mini-Hunter
Mini-Hunter

Post by onizou » Yesterday, 02:21

OMG: viewforum.php?f=26
The ultimate section. :yes:

But logically, it should include the section "GOG for Linux". Perhaps it is possible to make this section appear in two different places of the forum: Both in "GOG games" if you want to keep this section as is, as well as in "Linux DRM-free games". Even place "GOG for Linux" at the same level as "Linux DRM-free games" by renaming the latter "Other Linux DRM-free games" if you want to give a special status to GOG.

However, it seems to me more practical to organize the forum fully by operating systems, because it is the first criterion of a search.
A user will only have to enter the section of his system to see only useful content compatible with his system and classified as you wish (plateforms?).
It's better than having to enter the GOG category to see some incompatible content and then have to choose your system, then have to enter the scene release category to see some incompatible content and then have to choose your system, etc.

Login  •  Register